CIAMS Affiliate Groups
You are here
Below you can find a list of CIAMS affiliates, groups whose work directly involves CIAMS students and faculty or indirectly relates to the ongoing research or goals of CIAMS.
Anti-racism and Anti-colonialism (ARCO) Interest Group
The Anti-racism and Anti-colonialism (ARCO) Interest Group is an organization geared toward uprooting systemic racism in archaeological practice and pedagogy by facilitating productive discussions and providing anti-racist programming for the CIAMS community. Our current projects include:
- Facilitation of follow-up discussions between students and faculty about the seminar series hosted by the Society of Black Archaeologists (SBA), Indigenous Archaeology Collective (IAC), Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research, SAPIENS, and Cornell Institute of Archaeology and Material Studies seminar series.
- Organization of reading group discussions for all members of the CIAMS community that focus on texts that consider the historical and current role of colonialism in archaeology.
- Organization of a student-led reading group and town hall in order to discuss issues of importance for the Cornell graduate student community.
- Curation of an anti-colonial and anti-racist reading list with a focus on publications in archaeology.
- Development of a fieldwork and laboratory code of conduct.
Archaeological Science Group
The Cornell Archaeological Science Group is an association of graduate students dedicated to promoting the ethical and responsible application of scientific methods to archaeological questions in order to advance archaeological research within the university and beyond.
Alice Wolff, President
Anna Whittemore, Vice President
Rebecca Gerdes, Conference Chair
Liam McDonald, Website Chair
Annapaola Passerini, Treasurer
CampusGroups link: https://cornell.campusgroups.com/cuarchsci/home/